Re: 1.3.82 doesn't compile on my system IF I use masq

d-seaman@ukans.edu
Sat, 06 Apr 1996 21:09:10 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > If i only enable TCP/IP everything works fine .. I got a uptime of 12
> > hours with a loadavg of ~2.5 all the time ... and PPP 2.2.0fBeta2 works
> > correctly. Seems the PPP is faster than ever! Congratulations guyz!
>
> You're _really_ helping me in finding the PPP slowdown cause.
>
> Others report ppp being unbearably slow, and now somebody reports it
> being fast. My head hurz.

PPP has worked for me except one kernel version. Not sure which one, but
it was in the 70's I think. Maybe 71 or 72. It was terribly slow, but
since that one bad kernel, it's been just fine. As fast as ever. This is
connecting to a ciso terminal server via PPP 2.2.0e. I'm currently using
kernel 1.3.84.

| Derek L. Seaman |P90/Wide SCSI III| Open |
| University of Kansas |32MB Ram/3.5GB HD|Windoze let|
| Mechanical Engineer |4mm 8GB SCSI2 DAT| bugs in. |
| Senior |17" Nanao F2-17EX| RedHat |
| d-seaman@ukans.edu |HP LJ 5MP/SB AWE | *LINUX* |