Re: aha152x as a module

Brian Raymond Doherty (doherty@thirteen.baker.rice.edu)
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 04:15:12 -0500 (CDT)

Message has been automatically signed by PGPsendmail 1.4,
available from ftp.atnf.csiro.au:pub/people/rgooch

#define SKIP_BIOSTEST in aha152x.c

On Sun, 7 Apr 1996, Nathan C. Burnett wrote:

> I've recently been playing with kerneld and compiling everything I could
> as a module. I've gotten just about everything except my SCSI driver to
> work. I use the aha152x driver for my Iomega ZipZoom. Right now however
> I can't seem to get the module to load.
>
> root@spam:~# modprobe aha152x
> Initialization of aha152x failed
> scsi_mod: Device or resource busy
>
> scsi_mod loads and can't be removed with rmmod.
>
> root@spam:~# lsmod
> Module: #pages: Used by:
> scsi_mod 7 1
> slip 2 1 (autoclean)
> slhc 2 [slip] 1 (autoclean)
> binfmt_aout 1 1 (autoclean)
> vfat 4 1 (autoclean)
> fat 6 [vfat] 1 (autoclean)
> root@spam:~# rmmod scsi_mod
> scsi_mod: Device or resource busy
> root@spam:~#
>

> Since this driver works fine when it's compiled into the kernel my only
> guess is that it's not recieving the parameters for the ZipZoom. I have
> the following line in my /etc/conf.modules
>
> options aha152x 0x140,11,7,1
>
> Which (I think) corresponds to
>
> append="aha152x=0x140,11,7,1"
>
> in my lilo.conf
>
> I get the same problems when I try and load with a manual command line
>
> modprobe aha152x 0x140,11,7,1
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> thanks, Nate
>
> ---
> Nathan C. Burnett "Always in motion is the future"
> burnettn@math.enmu.edu
> http://chestnut.enmu.edu/~burnettn Yoda
> PGP Key: finger -l burnettn@walnut.enmu.edu

Brian R. Doherty | "You know, I bet a funny thing about driving a
6320 S. Main St. | car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you
Houston, TX 77006 | still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the
doherty@rice.edu | emergency brake!" -- Jack Handey