Re: More on dialup IP slowdowns...

Michael Slater (aonline@sol.rlcc.com.au)
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 19:59:56 +0800 (WST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Apr 1996, Edward S. Marshall wrote:
> >
> > Just to throw another twist into the mystery around the 1.3.[78]*
> > SLIP/PPP slowdowns, I experienced the same problem with a 1.2.13 kernel
> > today, with both the ppp-2.2.0e and ppp-2.2.0f (beta 5) software
> > installed.

I am useing ppp-2.2.0f and was useing ppp-2.2.0e and with kernels higher than
1.3.73 i experienced dramatic slowdowns... We have 300 dialin users on this
system , and when i was useing the above mentioned kernels/ppp-versions i
recieved _many_ complaints about speed. I have since gone back to 1.3.71
and ppp-2.2.0f and no more problems.