Re: More on dialup IP slowdowns...

Mark E. Levitt (melevitt@mailbox.syr.edu)
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 21:41:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Is it perhaps a problem with ppp-2.2.0e and above? I have seen people say
> that they are getting OK ppp performance, and at least some of them used
> 2.2.0d, not the newest ppp..
>
> Linus

I doupt it. I'm not using PPP at all and I've noticed the same
problems. I have noticed that performance when connected to a SunOS
4.1.3 host is much MUCH better than when connected to a Solaris host. It
may be that those who are reporting good speeds are connecting to a
"quick" host.

Mark E. Levitt
Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University
E-mail: melevitt@syr.edu
Home Page: http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt

PGP fingerprint = B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html