Re: CMD640 & ATAPI CD on hdc

Philip Blundell (phil@tazenda.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 12:21:45 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> The current Linux kernel has problems identifying a Mitsume quad
> speed ATAPI CD-ROM on hdc (with two harddisks on hda and hdb). The

I am also having trouble (with 1.3.85) with my CD-ROM on the secondary
interface not being detected properly; I get 'hdc: IRQ probe failed (0)'.
I have a CMD640 on the PCI bus. The problem seems to be down to the new
version of cmd640.c (0.10, don't know when it was introduced) which
doesn't reset the secondary port. I'm not sure why this change was made.
If I boot into DOS, let it initialise the CD-ROM, and then soft-reboot
into Linux, it works.

Mark/Igor, any ideas?

--
.signature: Permission denied