Re: 1.3.85 and SLIP/PPP Slow (still)

Joshua M. Thompson (invid@optera.com)
Tue, 09 Apr 1996 21:05:37 -0400

Eric S. Mountain wrote:

> It seems the common problem here is Solaris. Please see my other
> email about the Solaris bug (it resends packets too soon or
> something). Do we have to cater for an other OS's bugs?

I disagree. I see the problem typing between work and phone (Linux
1.3.78 at work and 1.3.84 at home). Talking to our SCO box at work, I
don't have the typing delays, but large sends (ie, a long "ls -l") will
either pause and restart, or sometimes pause stay that way, forcing me
to have to break the connection and start a new one.

If I get some spare time I am planning on doing a tcpdump on connection
to SCO and see if anything funny pops up.

--
email: invid@optera.com                           Senior Systems
Engineer