Re: nfsiod

Russell Berry (rberry@albany.net)
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 20:49:38 -0400 (EDT)

If my understanding is correct, these are equivalent to other unix's biod.
Which is an nfs caching demon
to help with nfs throughput. Although I haven't checked this out at the
code level. It is normal to have
from 4 to 8 biod's running, so the same should be true for the nfsiod's. I
can't see them tying up any
processor time if you aren't nfs mounted on any other macine or vice versa.

---russ

At 11:07 PM 4/14/96 +0300, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can someone plz remind me quickly why nfs 'causes the 1.3.8x kernels to
>have 4 proccesses like this running? (without having nfs mounted)
>
>root 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? SW 22:28 0:00 (nfsiod)
>
>Can I get rid of them or should they be there?
>Thanks,
>
>Andi Gutmans

Russell Berry and/or Gail Exler (future Mrs. Berry)
Albany, NY