Re: 1.3.96 exit_mm breaks nfs as module

Jeff Coy Jr. (jcoy@jcoy-ppp.cscwc.pima.edu)
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 17:20:05 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, David Flood wrote:
> >
> > The changes to nfs in 1.3.96 cause nfs.o to fail to load with the message:
> >
> > exit_mm: wrong version or undefined
> >
> > also depmod -a doesn't like it also. I'm now going to try it as a built-in
> > rather than a module.
>
> Oops. I forgot to add exit_mm to the exported symbols list in
> kernel/ksyms.c. Just add it to the "process memory management" type
> functions, right after "merge_segments".

now it will load, but it won't unload:

SUPERUSER
[jcoy@jcoy-ppp][/usr2/users/jcoy] rmmod nfs
nfs: Device or resource busy
SUPERUSER
[jcoy@jcoy-ppp][/usr2/users/jcoy] lsmod
Module: #pages: Used by:
nfs 12 4
ppp 5 1 (autoclean)
slhc 2 [ppp] 1 (autoclean)
serial 7 3 (autoclean)

jeff

---
Why Linux? source code. POSIX. tcpip. job control. support from the authors.
drivers for most hardware.  because one terminal or process is never enough.
    forget the other O/Ss, i use Linux- the choice of a GNU generation.