Re: My personal wish-list

Scott H. Perlman (perlman@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:50:47 -0400 (EDT)

Graham Mitchell wrote:
> On 26 Apr 96 at 16:09, Aaron Fredrick Tiensivu wrote:
> > o 'vmlinuz' created as a symlink pointing to 'vmlinuz_x.x.xxx' , same with
> > System.map. That way, no need to go probing to the file looking for version
> > signature.

I already have all my kernels with version numbers.

make zlilo is not necessary, try
$ make zImage && cp boot/arch/i86/zImage /vmlinux-x.x.xx
$ vi /etc/lilo.conf && lilo

make zlilo will automatically install vmlinuz and manage your kernels, which
is great if you are building a stable kernel, and only need one backup.
If you are playing with x.[13579].x you probably want a bit more control over
which kernels you keep around.

-Scott

--
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity__| Scott H. Perlman
 or impress them with intelligence, __/ perlman@acsu.buffalo.edu