Re: Time warps with Linux (but only 0.01sec)

Ingo Molnar (mingo@pc5829.hil.siemens.co.at)
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:46:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Wolfram Gloger wrote:

> There was some talk about the pentium do_fast_gettimeoffset() routine
> lately, and claimed that the timer would progress monotonously. Well,
> it does not, for me. With the following program

[ test program that checks for gettimeofday() monotonity ]

i could reproduce it on an i486 system too, so it's not Pentium timer
related. Stock kernel, IDE with irqs masked (prone to loosing jiffies?),
no NTP, no fancy stuff.

Maybe it's the NTP fix from Ulrich Windl that came in lately? [sorry if not]

-- mingo