Re: Serial Console mini HOWTO

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Thu, 2 May 1996 22:13:46 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <4m8f22$ds@fido.asd.sgi.com>,
lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy) writes:
>=20
> You'll also be bummed to learn that while you can lose the graphics c=
ard=20
> and monitor, most motherboards seem to want a keyboard plugged in to =
boot.
> If anyone has a trick to get rid of this limitation (I'll bet you can=
=20
> hot wire it somehow), let me know.
>=20
Most BIOSes have a "stop on errors" field by now, which you just have t=
set to "never" or, probably better, "all but key[board]". The thing is
likely to beep accusingly when it boots, but it'll continue.

--=20
Men become old, but they never become good.
-Oscar Wilde
--=20
Matthias Urlichs \ Noris Network GmbH i.Gr/ Xlink-POP N=FCrnberg=
=20
Schleiermacherstra=DFe 12 \ Linux+Internet / EMail: urlichs@nor=
is.de
90491 N=FCrnberg (Germany) \ Consulting+Programming+Networking+etc'i=
ng
PGP: 1B 89 E2 1C 43 EA 80 44 15 D2 29 CF C6 C7 E0 DE=20
Click <A HREF=3D"http://info.noris.de/~smurf/finger">here</A>. =
42