Re: Linux logo

lilo (TaRDiS@mail.utexas.edu)
Sun, 5 May 1996 12:40:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 4 May 1996, Lauri Tischler wrote:

> I think that people outside 'the chosen lot' don't even know what BSD is,
> _everybody_ knows Windows. How about take this little rascal from the MAD
> magazine, replace the face with a picture of Linus, make ears big enough
> for hanggliding, remove some teeth, add freckels, fill the pockets of his
> kneelength pants with some suitable stones and let him loose,
> stoning the Windows ofcource.. :)
> Cheers...

That's true. BSD is not an issue. It's a good operating system with a
small, loyal following that doesn't affect us all that much. There's also a
lot of overlap, a fair number of people who run BSD also run Linux. If
everyone who ran *BSD switched to Linux today it wouldn't increase our
numbers appreciably. And we've pulled quite a bit of useful code and ideas
from BSD.

Let's concentrate on the real opportunity for market share improvement,
Win9x. :)

lilo