Re: ext2 problems on fast-wide SCSI-2

Paolo Pierini (root@baroque.co.uk)
Sun, 5 May 1996 10:25:30 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 4 May 1996, Mishelle Bradford wrote:

> > It's a P150 (Tyan Tempest II) with 64MB RAM, a DPT PM2124W Fast/Wide
> > SCSI-2 controller, a Fujitsu M2934QA 4GB F/W SCSI-2 drive that's been
> > partitioned to have sda1 as a 300-odd MB root partition and sda4 as a
> > 32MB swap partition, and a 3c595 Ethercard.
> >

> Swap partitions can only be a max of 16MB in size, last I heard, and there
> can be a total of 8 swap partitions.

Quick question here. I have been using a swap size of 70MB for the last
2 months. It has worked perfectly with no problems, although with 32 MB
of RAM, I rarely exceed 10 MB of swap usage. Am I looking for trouble
here or is the swap size able to actually be larger than 16MB? I haven't
tried this large swap with any kernel before 1.3.8x, so is that the
reason it has worked for me?

Mike Wangsmo, Graduate Student wanger@fubar.cs.montana.edu
Dept. of M&IE, MSU http://www.cs.montana.edu/~wanger
Bozeman, MT 59717 (406) 586-0690