Re: Linux logo

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Mon, 13 May 1996 07:50:08 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <m0uGWUv-0005FhC@lightning.swansea.linux.org.uk>,
alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

> The big issue with this is we _don't_ want a daemon anywhere on a real
> Linux product logo (not only because of Kirk

Right. Besides other reasons, but ...

> but also because the BSD logo
> is found very offensive by some religious groups).

... imho, this is not a reason for me. This is _their_ problem. (What's
next? Somebody draws a slightly lopsided penguin with a red nose, and we
get angry calls / threats from Alcoholics Anonymous?
The US constitution does not have a Right Not To Be Offended, and neither
does Germany's. Or would GB's, if it had one.)

--
Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for
which you would not take money.