Re: Linux logo

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Fri, 17 May 1996 05:13:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 May 1996, David A Willmore wrote:

> On May 7, 9:24am, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Linux logo
> > How 'bout a grinning (ccpenguin grin?) penguin with a globe in his
> > lap wrapped in his arms like a beach ball? Sort of an Opus with teeth
> > and the world in his arms?
>
> How about a penguin with the world on this back like the famous (DaVinci?)
> sculpture of Atlas?
>
> Cheers,
> David

We should start referring to processes which run in the background by their
correct technical name... paenguins.

We can use symlinks of course... syslogd would be a symlink to syslogp and
ftpd and ircd would be linked to ftpp and ircp... and of course the
point-to-point protocal paenguin.

This is a logical analogy too... anyone who's been around, knows the world
is run by paenguins. Always a paenguin behind the curtain, really getting
things done. And paenguins in politics--who can deny it?

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__1.99.3___
click,