Re: PGP fingerprints in CREDITS file?

Lauri Tischler (ltischler@fipower.fi)
Sun, 26 May 1996 12:37:54 GMT +2

Anno Domini 25 May 96 at 0:14, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi (Linus Torvalds) wrote on 15.05.96 in <Pine.LNX.3.91.960515095405.27927F-100000@linux.cs.Helsinki.FI>:
> > The people who created MIME not only should be convicted, they should be
> > shot on the spot. I have a reasonably mime-aware mailer (pine), but I
> > _still_ have more problems with MIME mail than I ever had with non-MIME.
> > I'm seriously considering refusing to even look at mails or patches that
> > use MIME-encoding other than cleartext.
>
> The only people that should be shot, on the spot or otherwise, are people
> suggesting stuff like shooting or imprisoning other people for "crimes"
> that, at worst, amount to different opinions, even if the suggestion was
> only in jest.

Well, I think these kind of opinions are because of 'americanism',
American type of figure of speech or way of thinking. Even there
they no longer shoot you on the spot (hopefully), they just let the
laywer-hounds lose, it's just as effective and grueler.

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin          Tel: +358-0-47846331
EFORE Oy                               Fax: +358-0-47846500