Re: broken flock() emulation 1.3.98

Tom Armistead (tarm@cris.com)
Tue, 07 May 1996 04:23:46 GMT

This is covered in the README file with new Linux's. You need to
recompile those processes with a newer version of libc (don't remember
the specific version, but the latest will do fine). This message is
just saying the flock() code in the older libc packages is wrong.
Everything still works fine (as long as your not using NFS mounts for
the affected processes - i.e. inetd, lpd, syslogd, klogd, ...).

Tom

--
Tom Armistead            Software Services
tarm@concentric.net      Garland, TX  75040