Re: UFS support broken? (fwd)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Tue, 7 May 1996 13:28:18 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <9605061040.AA13872@scooter>,
Jim Nance <Jim_Nance@avanticorp.com> writes:
>=20
> UFS is being development is being pushed by the Linux/Sparc group so =
they
> can read SunOS (and perhaps Solaris?) file systems. As far as I know=
,
> it only works under the Sparc (I tried it on the alpha, and it can't
> read Digital Unix file systems either).
>=20
Hmmm... I'd love to get at the NetBSD file system here, too. What's the=
use
of being able to read BSD partition tables if we can't access their dat=
a? ;-)
(Apart, of course, from sharing swap files, which is a Very Good Thing.=
)

--=20
If enough reports are prepared and technical reviews are held, negative
information will always filter its way to senior management.
-- Richard F. Moore
--=20
Matthias Urlichs \ Noris Network GmbH i.Gr/ Xlink-POP N=FCrnberg=
=20
Schleiermacherstra=DFe 12 \ Linux+Internet / EMail: urlichs@nor=
is.de
90491 N=FCrnberg (Germany) \ Consulting+Programming+Networking+etc'i=
ng
PGP: 1024/4F578875 1B 89 E2 1C 43 EA 80 44 15 D2 29 CF C6 C7 E0 DE=
=20
Click <A HREF=3D"http://info.noris.de/~smurf/finger">here</A>. =
42