Re: NTFS filesystem support for Linux?

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Wed, 22 May 1996 01:08:00 +0200

Paolo Pierini (pierini@mi.infn.it) wrote:
> I would also like, however, to have access to the NTFS disk on
> the system. Is this possible? Or, I should say, is somebody
> working on that? I guess it's not a straightforward thing
> and not many people want it in the first place...

This is the old Projects-Map entry that was thrown out because the project
was finished (so I'm told):

Title: Linux NTFS driver
Desc1: File system driver for the Windows NT (tm) file system +
Desc2: user level tools a la mtools to access an NTFS volume.
Desc3:
Desc4:
Desc5:
Author: Martin von Loewis
AuthorEmail: loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
InfoSources1: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~loewis/ntfs/
InfoSources2: Helen Custer, 'Inside the Windows NT File System',
InfoSources3: ISBN 1-55615-660-X
Assistance: appreciated
CurrentStat: Read-only access is implemented
ETA:
Remarks1:
Remarks2:
Remarks3:
Remarks4:
Remarks5:

Martin?

--
Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)

The moving cursor writes, and having written, blinks on.