Re: BAD CPU --> SIG11 (mine appears to be caused by cache)

John Henders (jhenders@stdismas.bogon.com)
27 May 1996 21:46:04 -0700

In <Pine.LNX.3.91.960526175215.289A-100000@gerard> Gerard Roudier <groudier@iplus.fr> writes:

>IMHO, if you must wait 4 kernel compilations in order to get SIG11, it
>may be a heating problem.

I have run across cpu overheating problems a few times, when fans died
on machines I've been working on, and my experience is that you tend to
get different SIG errors with overheating, rather than consistant sig 11
errors.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.