Re: Speaking of history...

jerijian@seas.ucla.edu
Tue, 28 May 1996 22:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

Remy Card wrote:

> In article <9605250427.AA59192@typhoon.seas.ucla.edu>,
> <jerijian@seas.ucla.edu> wrote:
> > All this talk about OMAGIC binaries and pre-Linux-1.0
> >reminds me of something. Do any of you hackers still have a virgin
> >copy of Linux 0.12? I recall one discussion I had on this list
> >with Ted Ts'o and Chad Page a year and a half ago, and I ended up
> >with a "hacked" copy of Linux 0.12. Are there any original versions
> >left?
>
> Yep. Have a look at
> ftp://ftp.ibp.fr/pub/linux/kernel/very-old-versions

Thanks, Remy. This is, in fact, the same hacked version that
Ted has, but it'll do for now. Do you, by any chance, know where I
can find a suitable fs snapshot for this release? I know this is
asking for too much, especially since we're in the middle of a
2.0 code freeze right now, but I guess the stupid question is the
unasked one (did I get that right?).

--
Arthur D. Jerijian           | Quote under construction
jerijian@seas.ucla.edu       |