Re: [POSIX.6] Patches uploaded

athan@mersinet.co.uk
1 Jun 1996 23:09:09 GMT

In article <9606011615.AA42825@typhoon.seas.ucla.edu>,
<jerijian@seas.ucla.EDU> wrote:
> There's at least one interesting patch which I use every day.
>The noblink package turns the Linux console cursor from a
>hardware-generated blinking one to a software-generated block cursor.
>This patch is currently available at
>ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/kernel/patches/console/noblink-1.7.tar.gz.
>Please note that the 1.3.x diff needs to be applied by hand, since it
>fails to patch in a couple of spots. This is one patch I'd LOVE to
>see in Linux 2.1.x.
> I hope this helps.

Yup, noblink is very nice, especially on portables, those darned LCD
screens. I've put a patch that goes in cleanly on at least 1.3.94 upto
pre2.0.9 at:

goliath.mersinet.co.uk:/pub/misc/noblink-for-1.3.94.diff.gz

Basically I think one define got changed, and a few other cosmetic
changes that made the patch supplied with noblink-1.7 fail. You'll NEED
to get that package in addition to the above patch.

-Neil

* Neil Soveran-Charley, System Administrator, Mersinet Internet Services *
* Email: N.P.Soveran-Charley@mersinet.co.uk                              *