Re: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.

Alan Shutko (ats@shep1.wustl.edu)
Wed, 05 Jun 1996 01:58:46 -0500

>> You could simply have your game work with X and SVGAlib. That
>> would let your game work now, rather than arguing that we need some
>> all encompassing driver standard. Maelstrom, Abuse, Executor have
>> all done it, and they work.

R> Hello?????? all those games SUCK, and SUCK bad compared to almost
R> any good dos game.

How literate. Executor isn't even a game, and it seems you haven't
looked at it.

But on the matter at hand, are you talking about their gameplay, or
their graphics abilities? If Doom, Abuse, etc can get good
performance from SVGAlib or X, then other games can as well. There's
no need to try to put something in the kernel which has already been
done.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@hubert.wustl.edu> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
Silly programmer!  Turbo's for kidz!