Re: Linux 2.0

Chris Chiappa (griffon+@cmu.edu)
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 00:28:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:

> I changed from 1.99.9 to 1.99.13 on our university machine, and get
> corrupted vt100-codes. The first character is missing, instead of
> "wildsau login:" I get "ildsau login:", LF is displayed as LF only
> and not as CR-LF, which results in step-effects on the screen,
> and escape sequences are not interpreted anymore. E.g. they are
> displayed as [?1h etc.etc.. on the screen.
>
> I am using CUTE/CUTCP on the client-side.
I've seen similar massive corruption telnetting in from an IBM RT (hey,
nobody laugh! :) ). If I start an RXVT, everything is fine...
This happened in either 1.99.12 or 1.99.13

--

_ _ _ |s| Email: griffon+@cmu.edu |n| Linux * X-Files * Team OS/2 |u| |r| Finger => PGP etc |g| Carnegie Mellon University |l| |_| http://www.snurgle.org/ |e| /\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\ |_|