Re: My SCSI HD has 34 heads, not 255...

Fri, 7 Jun 1996 13:04:04 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Robert Laufer wrote:

> I repartitioned my Quantum Capella with the new aha152x driver for my
> aha282 in 1.99.12.
> Now I have got I clean disk, no more errors and I'am also able to install
> LILO (by the way I boot off my IDE-disk).
> BUT: I can no longer boot up with LILO. It stops with the two letters
> "LI" and doesn't go any further. I reinstalled lilo bye fdisk /mbr under
> DOS and afterwards lilo under Linux, but there was no change.
> How can I get my system boot up again with LILO?
>
> Robert.

Hmm, from /usr/doc/lilo/README:
[...]
LI The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
installer.
[...]

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.