Re: Do I still need `update'?

Sat, 8 Jun 1996 15:38:31 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> I have a simple question:
>
> Now that the kernel has `kflushd' built in, do I still need to run the
> `update' program from the `bdflush-1.5' package? I'm totally in the
> dark on the purpose of `update' with the 1.3 kernels.
>
> Ta,
> -- Jamie

In a word yes. There are two parts to the bdflush process, a kernel fork
(that is now throttled for compatability sake, and has been replaced by
kflushd), and a user fork that is still needed.
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.