Re: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.

Sat, 8 Jun 1996 15:05:04 +0100 (BST)

On 8 Jun 1996 rdm@tad.micro.umn.edu wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps it would be good to list any hardware which is well designed
> in this aspect (can reach any state from an unknown state), and
> hardware which is bad (can't reliably reach any state from an typical
> unknown state).

You better rephrase that to "can't reliably be put in a known state from
a typical unknown state" (it can reach anystate from an umknown one, but
what you have to do to get it there is also unknown), I'd suspect that
most video cards fall in the bad category.

> --
> Raul

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.