Re: dead keyboard, once again

Sun, 9 Jun 1996 00:14:50 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:
[...]
> I'm suspecting that some driver in config.sys changes some hardware
> in a way and leaves it that changed way, which then confuses linux at
> runtime. e.g., I am using irq=7 for my SB16 card under m$/dos, but
> irq=10 for that card under linux. this could be a possible error source,
> if linux assumes "clean" hardware-state at boot-time. I have not yet
> looked at which .sys driver is causing this problem.

Hmm, if your useing loadlin, you can add a multiboot menu to dos (ok 6+),
with this:
<usual menu stuff>
<linux menu>
shell=C:\loadlin\loadlin <loadlin prams>

That way no nasty TSR's, and .sys files to mess things up.

[...]

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.