Re: Ideas for v2.1

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:44:32 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Rafal Maszkowski wrote:

> There are already some patches for per user accointing. I'd like to
> have per user firewall as well.

Ah yes, forgot this is my previous post. I'd _really_ like to see some
per user IP accounting in 2.1. It would be nice to log outgoing IP
traffic, and place IP traffic limits/quotas on users (good for systems
where IP traffic costs).

inet-acct-user-0.3 impressed me greatly, and the author of this said he
will be releasing a new patch relative to 2.0 sometime...

ipacct-0.7a isn't bad either; it reports bytes IP sent/receieved per
user, via /proc (nice), and also optionally imposes IP quotas on users.

Chris.