Re: Ideas for v2.1

Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:54:48 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, David Flood wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:
[much gratuitous snipping, just for the sake of it ;)]
> Re-write 'update' (or eliminate it alltogether) so that it can be APM aware for
> laptops. (I realize that this is ix86 specific).

Hmm, nope, I don't think it's an x86 specfic thing (ok the APM BIOS is,
but what is the kernel for if not to give a coherant interface to the
hardware specfic stuff), there are Sparc laptops, and I think (I'm not
sure tho) alpha laptops, there just not that common (as opposed to x86).

I know there are Atari laptops, but I can't rember if the hardware is up
to the standard the m68k requires, anyway, the're quite rare, and
musicians mainly have them (because of the midi ports built in, you can
run most any eletronic keyboard/drum machine/sampler/... with one;).

> dcflood@u.washington.edu

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.