Re: packages and the kernel (long, sorry...)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:03:39 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <m0uTEjU-000LnlC@phascolarctid.rebellion.c=
o.uk>,
Jamie Lokier <jamie@rebellion.co.uk> writes:
>=20
> BTW, I have put together a really basic LD_PRELOAD `rm' protector whi=
ch
> traps `unlink' calls, just to try the idea out. Logging program comi=
ng
> soon perhaps (or not).
>=20
Don't forget that another way to unlink() a file is to call rename().

> Ray> Yikes ! Do people _really_ make file lists by hand ?
>=20
I've started to play with the logging stuff myself -- it's not enough
basically, as you usually also have to hand-install and -edit configura=
tion
files, add appropriate startup scripts / options for the things that ne=
ed a
daemon (xntpd, mail,news), find out how best to automagically distribut=
the stuff among multiple machines, ...=20

--=20
?daeh ym no gnidnats m'I evorp uoy ot nwod-edispu=20
raeppa I gnitressa seoD
--=20
Matthias Urlichs \ noris network GmbH / Xlink-POP N=FCrnberg=
=20
Schleiermacherstra=DFe 12 \ Linux+Internet / EMail: urlichs@nor=
is.de
90491 N=FCrnberg (Germany) \ Consulting+Programming+Networking+etc=
'ing
PGP: 1024/4F578875 1B 89 E2 1C 43 EA 80 44 15 D2 29 CF C6 C7 E0 D=
Click <A HREF=3D"http://info.noris.de/~smurf/finger">here</A>. =
42