Re: make

Daniel Lehnberg (danielle@london.docs.uu.se)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 15:28:10 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, Anders Broberg wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Mait Mandel wrote:
>
> > For the last two days I get the error:
> > make: *** No rule to make target '../(whatever)/..' . Stop.
> > or make: *** No targets and makefile found. Stop.
> > Although there is a Makefile in the directory and there are targets (all:
> > , install: , whatever else) in the Makefile.
>
> Try updating your "make" to a more recent version. I experienced the same
> problem when i upgraded the kernel, but make-3.74-elf-libc-5 worked a lot
> better than the old one.
>
> Maybe someone could explain what made the old "make" stop working?
>
> //Anders Broberg

The answer is in the release nots to libc (from libc.5.2.12 and up)
It's a simple answer , someone made a bug in the old libc and define
d->reclen to d->namlen , then someone made an err in make and used wrong
definintion , make is patch now day and if it's made in 96 it will
(probably :) work

| We the willing , leaded by thre ignorant , makeing the impossible |
| for the unthankfull. We have done so much under such a long time with |
| so small resoucres ,that we now have qualified ourself to do anything |
| with help of nothing |
| Daniel "Que" Lehnberg , danielle@prag.docs.uu.se , cel93dlg@sauron.mdh.se |