Re: 2.2.0 wishlist

John Henders (jhenders@stdismas.bogon.com)
15 Jun 1996 13:40:20 -0700

In <199606141516.KAA17151@kittpeak.ee.umn.edu> Robert Glamm <glamm@mountains.ee.umn.edu> writes:

>> 1-disk space is peanuts these days

>Well, not really. I worked at a supercomputer institute a couple of years
>ago and we were continually running out of disk space. We could have used
>about four times what we had on hand and the reason we couldn't get it was
>money.

That's probably why he said "these days" Have you priced the cost of
disk space now compared to 2 years ago? Two years ago, a 2 gig Seagate
Baracuda was CAN $2500. Now they're selling for under $1000 and larger
drives are even cheaper. The biggest problem now adays is finding a
drive under one gig for sale at all.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.