Re: Pruning the tree

Jeff Voskamp [MFCF] (javoskam@math.uwaterloo.ca)
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 10:13:00 -0400 (EDT)

>> mh> 1.1 MB is peanuts! we're talking a measly 5 minutes of download,
>>
>> This assumes that we all have T1 links. It took me about an hour and a
>> half to download the new source the other night.
>
>Then download the patch....... even with a 14.4 modem it will take you on
>average not more then 1.5 minutes to download it.
>
>I really think the idea of putting out the full source only every 5 to 10
>versions is a good one.

On our mirror site we keep full copies of everything less than a month
old. If it's older than a month then we keep every fifth one. We keep
all the patches online so you can rebuild the interviening ones.

>Mike

Jeff Voskamp

--
Jeff Voskamp  Math Faculty Computing Facility     University of Waterloo
Unix Guru?    javoskamp@math.uwaterloo.ca         (519) 888-4567 x3472