Re: 2.2.0 wishlist

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 00:26:00 +0200

Systemkennung Linux (linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de) wrote:

> During my MIPS hackery I found diskless machines a real help. Never dirty
> filesystems. Forget about the shutdown command - just press reset. Too
> bad that there was no swap via NFS.

There was, with Gero Kuhlmann's netboot-nfs package I used to set up the
iX-Terminal last year. However swapping over NFS proved to be quite
unreliable. We decided to drop the NFS-swap feature for the iX-Terminal
and wait until a better solution hit the street. (NFS/TCP for example)

--
Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)

"All snakes who wish to remain in Ireland will please raise their right hands." -- Saint Patrick