Re: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1)

Alan Shutko (ats@shep1.wustl.edu)
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:31:57 -0500

AC> Yes, you missed the point. The point is that some people do not
AC> want to see the boot messages. By the time init is spawned the
AC> kernel has already spewed out several pages of cryptic stuff and
AC> you might as well start X.

So what? We've wasted how much bandwidth on this list talking about
putting cutesy pictures in the kernel? (And if we don't put it in the
kernel, take it off this list... this isn't the "cute boot-loader"
list....)

Linux isn't MacOS. It isn't Win95. It's Unix. If people running it
don't like that, they can turn off their monitor to boot.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@hubert.wustl.edu> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
Oxymoron: Military Intelligence.