Re: SCSI device numbering (was: Re: Ideas for v2.1

Drew Eckhardt (drew@poohsticks.org)
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 14:01:11 -0600

In message <m0uWjtz-0003kYC@kroete2.freinet.de>, ehcorry@inet.uni-c.dk writes:
>I've seen this said a lot of times before, but there's a simple solution
>that would solve the problem for 99% of users

I find it hard to believe that 99% of all users have no partitions
on their SCSI disks. Must be that dropping disk prices have led to
dedicated drives for each filesystem and a swap area :-)

>scsi ID lun minor number
>0 0 0 0
>0 1 0 1

[ snip ]

--
By using this line in your .sig, you violate 18 USC 1462, committing a class D
felony, good for up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine: