Re: Distributions with 2.0 yet?

hab (hab@ece.engr.ucf.edu)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 00:28:40 +0000

Jared Mauch wrote:

> Does anyone know of distributions (slackware, redhat, caldera)
> that have a 2.0 kernel standard, w/ all the utilities that go
> with it yet?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Jared
Jared
I am using RedHat 3.0.3 with their 2.0.0 updates.
Yes it works with some reservations. I have expressed some concern
about a few nits that I have with them in my Why RedHat? discussion
on this newsgroup.
If you get RedHat on CD I believe their are about 10 Meg
of updates to be applied. All the guidlines are on their Web page.

Actually you have the errata sheet for the CD and then
the updates for the 2.0.0 that probably both need to be applied. Note
that some of the 2.0.0 updates replace some of the errata sheet fixes.
Note all RedHat updates are complete. You only need the latest one.
At least from my experience. See this web page

http://www.redhat.com/redhat/support/docs/rh303-2.0-guide.html

Hubert