Re: When? 64-Bit lseek()?

LD Landis (ldl@ldl.healthpartners.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:31:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
Thanks for your note Harald! So how "standard" is this? Anyone know?
The man page doesn't betray much (re: POSIX) and also suggests that the
call is limited to 4GB file sizes. I am curious about:

(1) What is the current standard/proposal for 64-bits in POSIX-land?
(the prototype is sufficient for my purposes, don't need all the spec)

(2) What is the current status of 64-bits in POSIX-land?

(3) Anyone know what the expected adoption timeframe by POSIX is?

--
Cheers,
	--ldl