Re: Cyrix anyone?

Brian Raymond Doherty (doherty@rice.edu)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 17:55:51 -0500

msmith@quix.robins.af.mil wrote:

> > Since the Cyrix is sooped-up 386 that get Pentium performance, and not a
> > Pentium clone, this will probably not help. In fact it may not even work.
> > But what the heck, try it and see, if you have the time to play that is.
>
> The M1 is a souped up 386? Somehow when I read the chip review,
> it did not seem that simple but I guess I was wrong.
>
> Melvin

You are not wrong. The poster's accuracy regarding the 6x86 is almost
as good as his spelling of soup.

But not quite.

 Brian R. Doherty       | "You know, I bet a funny thing about driving a
 6320 S. Main St.       | car off a cliff is, while you're in midair,
you
 Houston, TX 77006      | still hit those brakes!  Hey, better try the
 doherty@rice.edu       | emergency brake!"                  -- Jack
Handey