Re: smbmount and 2.0.0

J. Sean Connell (ankh@canuck.gen.nz)
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 11:51:38 +1200 (NZST)

On 14 Jun 1996, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> lz> smbmount doesn't work with 2.0.0 unless you enable long filenames
> lz> (which doesn't appear unless you enable the 'experimental' option)
>
> smbmount works for me (with 2.0.0 obviously), without the long
> filename-support. The only problem I have is that it tries to load
> '/lib/modules/2.0.0/smbfs' instead of '/lib/modules/2.0.0/fs/smbfs', dunno why
> it does this, I just insert smbfs manually with insmod before smbmount'ing.
>
> // JaS

I've only recently got Samba working here (turned out the problems were on
the Lose95 end :), and it works flawlessly for me as a module and with
long filename support.

--
J. Sean Connell               Systems Software Architect, ICONZ
ankh@canuck.gen.nz            "Oh life is a glorious cycle of song,