Re: Cyrix anyone?

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 02:05:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

(clip)
> Duuuh! If Cyrix used this info they would lose any court case.
> That was my point. Sure we can use what we want, and even reverse
> engineer stuff...the big boys don't care about us (yet). It is an
> entirely a different matter when a billion dollar company steals the
> secrets of another.
>
> I don't know why this thread has gone on so long: The Cyrix processor cannot
> run 100% of Pentium code. Case closed - Next case please!
>
> --
> Andrew E. Mileski
> mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net My home page http://www.redhat.com/~aem/
> Linux Plug-and-Play Project Leader. See URL http://www.redhat.com/pnp/
>
> Red Hat Software sponsors these pages - I have no other affilitation
> with Red Hat Software, and I have never used any of their products.

Why would they care if we used the info? We aren't competing with them.
Cyrix is in competition with them. If we can make faster code with a switch
labelled "Intel (y/n)" it makes intel look good.

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__2.0.0___
THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #12: LITHP
This otherwise unremarkable language is distinguished by the absence of
an "S" in its character set; users must substitute "TH". LITHP is said
to be useful in protheththing lithtth.