Re: 2.0.1 PPP broke

Thu, 4 Jul 1996 10:07:47 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Kevin Buettner wrote:

> On Jul 3, 1:35pm, d-seaman@ukans.edu wrote:
> > Subject: 2.0.1 PPP broke
> > I have PPP as a module, and have
> > the latest kerneld, pppd, etc. The module is getting loaded so that's not
> > the problem either.
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem? For now I'll have to stick with 2.0.0.
>
> No.
>
> PPP works fine for me. Here are the differences between our setups:
>
> 1) I have a statically assigned IP address.
> 2) I use diald to do the dialing. (A very nice program, BTW.)
> 3) PPP is not a module.
>
> Kevin

I don't have a problem either (works great), I have a fixed IP too, and
ppp/slhc as modules (kerneld loading them). I use a script to run pppd,
so it's up when I demand it ;). I would have made some noise sooner, but
I only just rebooted.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.