Re: This mailing list is being filtered for email addresses.

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 05:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> Well I got one about dieting (I said something about making fat binaries
> that diet when they knew there host systems architecure), and then got an
> email about dieting (a just send $xxx to this address, and we'll send you
> instructions on dieting with out dieting ....).
>
> Well it was via the usenet gateway, so short of killing the gateway for a
> while, there's not much the list management can do ....
>
> Anyone else getting larger than normal amounts of junk email ? (I've had
> about 15 from 2 acounts in the last 2 months, from none in the last year
> ....)
> Bryn
> --
> PGP key pass phrase forgotten, \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
> again :( | initiated.
> / This space is intentionally left
> | blank, apart from this text ;-)

Several weeks ago, I got one for an email address filtering program called
"Thunder". Perhaps we could add a "paranoia" block at the end of our mail
ala M-x spook?

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__2.0.1___
The meta-Turing test counts a thing as intelligent if it seeks to
devise and apply Turing tests to objects of its own creation.
-- Lew Mammel, Jr.

diet fat weight problem email spam advertising marketing stock market stocks
inside information binary only drivers :) immigration legal medical lawyer