Re: This mailing list is being filtered for email addresses.

Alexandre Maret (amaret@infomaniak.ch)
Fri, 05 Jul 1996 14:22:41 +0200

Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> Well I got one about dieting (I said something about making fat binaries
> that diet when they knew there host systems architecure), and then got an
> email about dieting (a just send $xxx to this address, and we'll send you
> instructions on dieting with out dieting ....).
>
> Well it was via the usenet gateway, so short of killing the gateway for a
> while, there's not much the list management can do ....
>
> Anyone else getting larger than normal amounts of junk email ? (I've had
> about 15 from 2 acounts in the last 2 months, from none in the last year

I got maybe 5 mails... but some even before I subscribed to linux-kernel.
I'm on linux-net and linux-scsi since a long time, and never thought it
could come from there.

I even got an advertising for a "NEW BULK EMAIL PROGRAM!" which
"MADE EASY FOR "ANYONE" TO LOAD & USE!". I'll give their email to
anyone who want to "do something"... I also have their smail address.

While we are on the way, *NEVER* subscribe to

CTR Computer Technology Research Corp.
6N. Atlantic Wharf
Charleston, SC 29401-2115 USA
CTRreport@aol.com

They send me 1-2 (paper) mails a week advertising books in the $300 range.
I already sent email to them telling them to stop it, but they didn't...
although they answered. As I'm not in the US, I can't do more than "REFUSE"
every letter they send me...

alex

--
// Alexandre Maret -- Linux : The choice of a GNU generation //