Re: another 2.0.2 problem

Joshua M. Thompson (invid@optera.com)
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 20:25:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Michael Stiller wrote:

> Jul 5 20:40:47 toyland insmod: audio_init undefined
> Jul 5 20:40:47 toyland insmod: DMAbuf_init undefined
> Jul 5 20:40:47 toyland insmod: Loading failed! The module symbols (from

I had a similar problem with these labels being undefined when compiling
2.0.2 (w/ sound driver built-in to the kernel). For some reason none of
the card-specific object files were getting set into the OBJS variable in
drivers/sound/Makefile. I spent a good hour trying to fix it, but I
finally gave up and redownloaded a fresh 2.0.2 tree and that seems to have
fixed the problem.

What's strange is, my old 2.0.2 tree was patched from 2.0.1, which I had
patched from a fresh 2.0.0 the day it was released, so somewhere in one of
those patches, things got messed up (note that 2.0.1 was working fine for
me except for the FTP problem, so it's probably something with the 2.0.2
patch).

--
invid@optera.com             | We are Grey
http://www.optera.com/~invid | We stand between the Candle and the Star