Re: Mirroring and/or duplexing partitions

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 20:44:11 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Anno Domini 5 Jul 96 at 11:21, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:
>
> > > Now, Linux is not suporting Mirroring nor Duplexing.
> >
> > I take it you haven't looked at the MD driver.
>
> Present incarnation of MD is neiter, it just gives you a large
> diskspace without any redundancy.
Not true, it provides EITHER linear append or RAID-0 striping (there's the
mirroring). I'm not sure what the Duplexing thing is, however..

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

--
"Some help would be nice... Or a sandwich and a cold beer!!!"  --Boston Low,
                                                                 "The Dig"