Re: Linux 2.0.3 Networking stalling? + Sound unresolved symbol

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi)
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 10:36:58 +0300 (EET DST)

On 6 Jul 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I upgraded my news server to 2.0.3 and got awfully slow telnet sessions. Some were stuck for a
> few minutes others were not revivable at all. Downgrading to 2.0.1 solved the problem.

Umm.. There is _one_ change to networking in 2.0.3, and that is a
one-liner that definitely fixes a real bug, and even that one-liner only
makes a difference if you have CONFIG_IP_TRANSPARENT_PROXY enabled..

Do you have transparent proxy enabled? If not, could you check out 2.0.2?

Linus