Re: This mailing list is being filtered for email addresses.

Douglas Stewart (douglas@netdoor.com)
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 11:12:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, David Flood wrote:

> I just got similar stuff from 357 and also from netcom. I'm going to be
> contacting the Washington State Autorney General on Mon to see what level
> of this junk falls under the Unwanted Electronic Communications Act that
> exists in this state. I figure the first on worthy of a reply warning them
> (with cc: to the site's postmaster), and then the rest go to Olympia.

I mailed the postmaster@357 and he replied yesterday. He said that he
knew about it but he's been threatened with a law suit if he removes their
accounts (because he advertises unlimited access). He said the mail
system will be down for "maintenance" until Monday, when he's going to
aquire legal council.

(sorry I this is off-topic, but I'm hoping it'll end this off-topic
thread)

Douglas