Re: EXT2_FIRST_INO

Philippe Strauss (philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch)
Tue, 09 Jul 1996 12:56:37 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

To sumarize:

Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> In the case of defrag0.6, the best way to make the change is pass the a
> pointer to the ext2 superblock to the EXT2_FIRST_INO macro. This will
> allow it to be compatible with future ext2 filesystems where the first
> data inode may no longer be located at EXT2_GOOD_OLD_FIRST_INO.

But I think I can wait a new release of defrag, updated by its author
:-).

Recents e2fsck (1.02 and 1.04) report approx. 4% of non-contiguous files
on my /usr partition (1 year old, without any defrag ever). Is it a
normal value ?

--
Philippe Strauss, CH-1092 Belmont
Private Email:	philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch

" Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT's relativity. " Albert Einstein.